When you invest in a new commercial roof, you know as a smart buyer you’re going to ask about the roof’s warranty. A roof warranty provides building owners and facility maintenance engineers with a feeling of security. This at times creates a false sense of security. Some have a misconception that for the next 15, 20, or even 30 years the roof needs zero attention. However, the manufacturer’s warranty for the newly installed roof has fine print attached to it, which includes roof maintenance. Other items in a warranty’s fine print you may want to double check and question include:
- Will your warranty carry over to the next owner should you sell?
- Is maintenance recommended or is it required? Keep a record of repairs and inspections if this is required. This will serve as proof that you’ve done your part to comply.
- The length of a warranty does not mean a roof will last only that long. However, your roof’s lifespan can extend beyond the warranty term if properly maintained.
- What does the warranty cover? Repairs? Replacement? Workmanship? Defects?
- Does the roofing company offer a separate warranty? It’s good to hire a contractor that has a good track record and has been around for a while. This will allow you to trust they’ll be there when you need them in the future.
The Key to Your Roof’s Longevity
Another question to ask is if your roofing contractor has a maintenance program. Roof maintenance is the hallmark to a properly installed roof’s longevity. The debris gathered around drains, piling up in the gutters, and collecting in the corners needs to be removed. Spontaneous vegetative growths are not approved roofing accessories and will not be a repair covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. So, to avoid unnecessary water intrusion and resources expensed, contact Frost Roofing. We can assist with your roof maintenance, upholding your obligations with the manufacturer’s warranty, with our Roof Care program.
If you're looking for more information on a commercial roof or have questions about your roof's warranty, call 419-739-ROOF or contact us here.
Be sure to ask us about extending the life of your roof with Roof Care!