Pictured here is the second phase of the renovation and restoration of the 1931 Italian Renaissance Revival Building at the Columbus Museum of Art in Columbus, Ohio. Derby Court was raised and a 50’ x 70’ luminous skylight installed. Our roof was installed over the gallery spaces and the Italian arched corridors surrounding Derby Court, as well as the auditorium.
The Firestone 2 ply modified roof had to tie into duct areas that are located against the luminous skylight. This area called for complex flashing details, going from modified roofing to EPDM membrane. We also had to tie into multiple existing standing seam roofs that surround the roof area. The museum remained open during the renovation operating in the Ross Wing where the multi-million dollar collection of artwork remained on display.